Here’s a shout out to Bibliomavens as the original creator of the tag
Thank you @Behindthe page1 for the tag.
- Nominated bloggers can nominate ten other bloggers.
- Use the same questions from the tag.
- Tag the original creator (Bibliomavens) and the blogger who tagged you
Meet The Blogger Book Tag
Who is your all-time favourite book character?
Francis Lymond from The Lymond Chronicles by Dorothy Dunnett. Dunnett. I don’t think I am the only one fascinated by Lymond, and he remains one of the most discussed characters despite being created in the 1960s. Lymond is a man ahead of his times- a bisexual spy, sensual, frustrating, clever, funny- I could go one but read my review of the Lymond Chronicle for more.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, which book would you take with you? (Survival books do not count)
Good omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. I would I need a very, funny book to get me through.
3. What’s your most unpopular book opinion?
I hate books written in the present tense- it makes my head hurt. I have had to read a few ARCs written in this tense but luckily the story was good enough to make me keep reading.
4. What’s your weirdest bookish habit?
I worry about running out of books to read, so I always have a pile standby even though I have a kindle and can have a book to read at the touch of a button.
5. What character would you bring to a family event as your fake partner?
Predictably, Lymond. He would no doubt start a war, fight or be the life and soul of the party.
6. What made you decide to start a book blog?
There were two reasons really.
I would love to write a book one day but have been struggling with this. My book blog has made me more disciplined with my writing to ensure I have a post published a few times a week. This has helped with my writing and I managed 15000 words in the NaNoWriMo challenge ( so much more than I have written in previous challenges). So in 2022, my aim is to get a full first draft typed up.
The second reason was to help with my stress. The pandemic has been hard . But focussing on my blog has helped me get out of my own head and has kept stress levels manageable.
7. What about reading and books do you love the most?
I love disappearing and being part of a new world in each book that I read. I can immerse myself in a book so completely in a way I can never achieve with any other activity.
8. What is your field of study/desired profession/current profession?
I work in healthcare.
9. What are some book recommendations that became your favourites/obsessions?
I found the Bone Shard Emperor’s daughter on book Twitter and I love the world Andrea Stewart has created. It is going to be a long wait for the next book in the series
10. What is the book you shove down everyone’s throat?
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. I recommended this book to my non-genre loving book group and they loved it. It’s a great introduction to the world of fantasy.
My ten tags
Even if you haven’t been tagged in this Meet the Blogger Book Tag, feel free to give it a go and post a link to your answers below!